Solid Waste Management
Objectives for an innovative & modern Solid Waste Management
- To devise a system of storage of waste and segregation of recyclable waste at source.
- To improve system of primary collection of waste.
- To devise more efficient system of day to day cleaning, conventionally and mechanically.
- To devise system to eliminate practices of throwing garbage on the road causing nuisance & health threat.
- To modernize the system of community waste storage & synchronize the system of primary collection as well as transportation of waste.
- To eliminate manual handling of waste and open transportation vehicles.
- To improve the system of transportation of waste by ensuring "handling waste only once".
- To construct four more semi close body transfer station to strengthen the existing primary collection-transportation and secondary transportation system.
- To reduce quantity of waste going to landfill site by adopting suitable technology.
- Land to be acquired for other landfill disposal site.
- To derive income from the processing of waste.
- To ensure safe disposal of waste including bio-medical wastes.
- To do institutional strengthening.
- To have public participation.
For live tracking of Door to Door Garbage Collection Vehicles, use following details: